is a grassroots group of citizens concerned about oil and natural gas extraction in North Dakota. We come from all walks of life and bring a variety of perspectives and experiences.
Some Bakken Watchers Are:
- Living near oil and gas drilling sites;
- Not in favor of current methods used to extract oil and gas in North Dakota, particularly hydraulic fracturing ("fracking");
- Surface rights owners wanting more state regulation of drilling practices;
- Mineral rights owners wanting more state regulation of drilling practices;
- Oil workers;
- Family members of oil workers concerned for their health & safety;
- Residents of North Dakota wanting to learn more about Bakken activities;
- Residents of other states or countries wanting to learn more about Bakken activities.
Bakken Watch is an all-volunteer organization with no political party affiliation.